K8 Manufacturing proves essential for growth at Techflow Flexibles
|rost 20/01/2017 11:22:36
”Our excellent working relationship with Datawright has been vital in helping us achieve significant benefits and value from our K8 Manufacturing system” Terry McDonnell, Commercial Manager
Based in Cramlington, Techflow Flexibles is a market leader in the analysis, design, manufacture and supply of hoses for the oil and gas industry, serving customers such as BP, Total and Samsung. 90% of the company’s business is export, with Brazil and the Middle East representing two of the most significant areas for growth.
Alongside a need to move into new, purpose-built premises (opened in February 2013), Techflow Flexibles had reached a point where its back office, and largely paper-based systems, were proving to be inadequate and restricting business development. The management team took the decision to modernise and update its systems to move the business forward.
The company spent several months evaluating alternative systems before choosing K8 Manufacturing - predominantly for its flexibility and tailoring capabilities - a standard system without the need for bespoke developments. In addition, the company also appreciated that Datawright knew the industry and how it operated, but also took time and effort to understand Techflow Flexibles specific business processes. K8 Manufacturing went live in September 2012 and by taking a step-by-step approach to transform functions in each department, the company has ensured that everyone is comfortable with each phase before rolling out the next module. Virtually from day one, the new system began to prove its worth in being able to support Techflow Flexibles’ future growth and development.
Gains and benefits
- Job card function provides complete control of every order
- Production planning simplified and improved
- Supports lean manufacturing principles
- Stage-by-stage module/function introduction at own pace
- Real-time detail from management dashboard is invaluable
- Better informed staff – e.g. regarding key order milestones
- Close fit with established processes – maintained continuity
- Excellent audit records and paper trail facilities
- Provides a platform for business growth and development
- Successful working partnership with Datawright